• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:27 AM

For Valentines day I took a cheap flight on Lion Air Thai up north to Chiang Mai for Feb 14 til Feb 16. Just a short 2 nights stay, to show a special someone that someone does care  :)

HOTEL

My hotel is Maninarakorn Hotel, located in the Night Bizarre area. It's about $50/night (you can get cheaper on Agoda). The Breakfast buffet is decent, decent choices, pancakes, french toast, they can make eggs with whatever toppings you want (ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, etc). Other than that, that Zenra Restaurant doesn't really have much to choose from overall. And they close very early, I seen on the room service menu they stop serving around 3pm'ish)

The location is not really in the mix of things, meaning, there is 1 coffee shop directly near the hotel, but foodwise, not much in the vacinity, have to walk 10mins, but can easily hop in a tuk tuk. There is a 7/11 near too, so that helps  :)

They have a gym, swimming pool (although this time of year the water was ICE cold), and separate steam for men and women (I could not get either to work), and one sauna for both (the sauna did work fine luckily)

NIGHTLIFE

night 1

HOBs - House of Beer Chiang Mai www.houseofbeers.com (CM location not on the website nor on their fb page, it's in Kantary Terrace Mall, website here)

I totally loved this place. TONS of Belgium beers from Duval to Hoegaarden to Stella Artois to many others I've never heard of, and was excited to taste, every one was great! The scene was nice on a Saturday night, was very busy, but still kind of chill in a way. To eat we had bbq pork ribs, onion rings and chicken nachos. Everything was great, but for 2 people it was WAY too much food, each portion was quite large :) It was Valentines night, so I think was extra full of Saturday night drinkers and couples on a V-day evening out. I see their website, there are many locations in Bangkok I plan to visit when I get back there!

night 2

Loco Elvis www.locoelvis.com

After the Sunday night Night Bizarre we strolled over to Loco Elvis, it's on some corner of a busy street, with mostly locals there drinking beer, live music and then ending with karaoke from anyone who wishes to sing. Was ok for me as I knew all of the foreign songs that were being sung by half drunk farangs, but the Thais with me seemed a little annoyed lol.

We didn't have any food, and they were out of stock of Hoegaarden and a few other imported beers, they did have San Mig Lights, Corona, local beers, and margarita's though.

This was my trip :)

If anyone has any other things that are MUST SEE or MUST DO in Chiang Mai please let me (us) know ;)

• MisterSwista, Rudyalierty, DanielPn and 3 others like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 onerom

onerom

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

post-1-0-72508800-1424657053.jpg

Sorry, i had to post this LOL

Happy belated Valentines day Bangkokians!

Attached Thumbnails

• me-luv-u-long-time.jpg

• MisterSwista, Rudyalierty, DanielPn and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chiang Mai, valentines, Loco Elvis, House of Beer, nightlife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid