• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:43 AM

1st off, i've lived in Philippines for years and now just travel there about 5x's per year, not a newb at all but was caught off gaurd this time.

2 weeks ago I arrived at NAIA Philippine Air terminal 2, went outside to the taxi meter desk, got my white slip and took meter taxi to Makati. I was extremely tired, exhausted so wasn't paying attention but when i realized we're near my hotel, looked at meter and it was about 1400 pesos! I saw ever meter distance we went, the meter price went up like 3 more pesos, this was a fucking meter on steroids!

We arrived my hotel, i asked the guy, wtf why is this so expensive??? He said "oh this is the very special airport meter taxi", I didnt feel like arguing so i actually paid that! :( dumbass me!

Week later I arrived to same terminal, went to the same taxi stand, took a photo of the sign that tells customer to call # if have taxi problems, then i told the guys there about what happened, they said 1000% is a taxi scam. And next time be sure to keep those white slips.

/scam story

NOTE: I'm a seasoned traveler, and we still let our gaurd down, PLEASE GUYS, dont let yours down! Keep those white slips and REPORT fuckers like that!!!! I really regret that I did not, and i will be more careful in future.

No matter if in Philippines, Thailand or anywhere you are, keep those taxi slips until you've arrived your destination and paid a fair price.

• Rudyalierty, HowardNus, MableBipt and 1 other like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Manila, Philippines, NAIA, taxi scam, scam, taxi, taxi meter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid