Photo

Thai Airways / Thai Smile Air - booking flight for someone else

Thai Air thaiair thai airways thaiairways airline flying flight thai smile thaismile thai smile air

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

Ok, so Thai Airways & Thai Smile Air are the only ones that have this terrible policy. If you want to book a flight for someone else, you must go to the Thai Airways office (in Bangkok, it's in Vibhavadi out near Don Muang airport). You have to sign a confirmation form, and let them scan your credit/debit card and your passport. WTF is this bullshit?????  :angry:  (Their consent form regulations page is here)

Air Asia, Nok Air, Thai Lion Air etc all don't have this. Thai Airways is so old school , their website, their policies, you cant even choose your seats online (have to choose at checkin desk), their "i checkin" and "manage booking" on their website is always broken. If you are using VPN you cannot book flights.

I flew on Thai Smile Air today, bought a couple beers at the Khon Kaen airport to drink on the airplane, and they even came and took my beer away saying that absolutely no alcohol is allowed to be drank on their flights

WTF WTF WTF  :angry:

• StenliyPync and ronnykingkr like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 oldmanbkk

oldmanbkk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

Ya i always hated this about Thai Airways, luckily though since you were going to/from KK, at least you now have more options, now Nok Air, Thai Air, Air Asia, etc all fly there. I am pretty sure the only troublesome one is Thai Smile / Thai Air though.

#3 robin_the_hood

robin_the_hood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

sooooooooooooooo old school, jeesh!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thai Air, thaiair, thai airways, thaiairways, airline, flying, flight, thai smile, thaismile, thai smile air

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid