Photo

Anyone been to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)? Need recommendations plz

Ho Chi Minh Saigon Vietnam hotels in vietnam vietnam hotels saigon hotel ho chi minh hotel ho chi minh nightlife party in saigon saigon nightlife

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

I just booked flight to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) Vietnam to go there for few days so i can come back to Thailand for a fresh new VOA (visa on arrival). I have a few questions.....

1. Anyone know what is a great value hotel in Ho Chi Minh (preferably $35-50/night) in good location, clean room, etc? 

2. What are the best things to do there, ? I've heard the underground war tunnels, the Ben Thanh Market, anyone know anymore must see's?

3. Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh, what are the best places? any skybars or great clubs? I'm not interested in red light districts, i'm into just good clean (beer drinking) fun :)

Thank you to anyone who can help me :) I'll just be there for 3 nights 4 days so i'm really hoping to make the best of it :)

Zach

• Boricua67 and StenliyPync like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 robin_the_hood

robin_the_hood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:56 PM

Hey you're American? if so you need to apply for a Vietnam Visa Online http://www.vietnam-visa.com/ follow their shit and you'll get a visa for $21 after a few days print it and you good to go ;)

• StenliyPync likes this

#3 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

Thank you and yes I'm American. I see it offers a "fast track", so let me get this straight. When arriving to Ho Chi Minh, i think we need to give them a form, with like $25 right before immigration to get a stamp.... if doing this "fast track" it's $25 also, it will help so we don't have to wait in that long line right before immigration upon arrival to Ho Chi Minh?

Any tried this Fast Track thing? if so what are your experiences please.

Thank you

Hey you're American? if so you need to apply for a Vietnam Visa Online http://www.vietnam-visa.com/ follow their shit and you'll get a visa for $21 after a few days print it and you good to go ;)

• StenliyPync likes this

#4 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:51 PM

Wish I was going :unsure:

Have fun and stay out of trouble :D :P ;)

• StenliyPync likes this

#5 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

I'll do my best! haha

I can't wait!

Been researching the foods, looking GREAT!

CNN featured this article "Best street foods right now" http://edition.cnn.c...ress/index.html

Vietnam they mentione this Banh Xeo, some kind of pancake thing.

Also i want to find the best Bhan Mi, the sandwich things. mmmmmm http://battleoftheba...nh-mi-fillings/

#6 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

Looks like i just missed out on President Barack Obama and Anthony Bordain having dinner in a "buncha" resto in Hanoi, dammit!!! haha

13267757_1148590505204140_19013852322096

#7 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:51 AM

I'll be posting pictures of my hotel, the clubs i go to (with infos), the foods i eat with pics, etc etc 

So far i'm thinking this club looks good, 02 Gold Club, https://www.facebook.com/02GoldClub

• Boricua67 likes this

#8 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:59 PM

Btw, on arrival make sure you have $25 usd or 1200 baht (if paying baht you get a shitty shitty deal, ughh), AND also 1 passport photo!!! I didn't read anywhere that said this, yes maybe i'm blind. LOL

Also, when exiting the airport go to the right side near Burger King... bus 152 takes you all around Ho Chi Minh for only 5000 dong, that's like FREE!

#9 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

Hey man! How's the trip? Done anything fun?

#10 bangkokafterdark

bangkokafterdark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

Have you been to Club (Cafe) Napoly? I was there years back and this place was really good!

"Address: phường 6 Quận 3 Vietnam, 7 Phạm Ngọc Thạch, phường 6, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam"

https://www.google.c...DDxEQ_BIImAEwCg

#11 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

Cafe Napoly is ummmmm fcking amazing!!!!!!!!!! I will go there tonight too!!!! Thank you!

I also hungout at a few places on Buen Vein street, it's kinda like a Kao San Road i guess, lots of small stools, backpacker type foreigners, super packed little cheap bar places etc. Nightlife here is really pretty rocking, i've never been able to get up before 5pm, sleeping in all day lol

Boricua if you have time should make it over here!!! BafterD, when do you plan to come back?

• Boricua67 likes this

#12 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

You better believe it brother, Vietnam is on the list. I'm going to be in Thailand 19 days. I plan on visiting Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.

#13 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:07 PM

You really seem to make your days and nights quite action packed, that'll be an awesome 19 days for sure!!! 

We for sure gonna squeeze a beer or 10 in when you're here next ;)

• Boricua67 likes this

#14 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:23 PM

For sure we have to have those beers.

Yeah, I have to take advantage of the fact that I am able to travel right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ho Chi Minh, Saigon, Vietnam, hotels in vietnam, vietnam hotels, saigon hotel, ho chi minh hotel, ho chi minh nightlife, party in saigon, saigon nightlife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid