#1 kratos

kratos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:11 AM

hi friends,

im new to this forum .

let me strart by saying i was searching high and low about details on the rod fa night market in bkk , and i stepped upon this forum and got all the info i wanted . a specail big thank u to ONEROM who has answered all my question on how to reach , things to do and  come back . again THANK YOU

now for khao yai national park  i was very excited to go there but got depressed when there as the waterfalls were empty (but then june was not the right time) .

but i can imagine that what it would look like in monsoon. just beautiful

will keep it short from here

how to reach there  - i say better take a private taxi , we were 4 persons so   costed us 3000B  .(i was quoted b4000+ by many).

2nd- its a 2 1/2 hr journey and u go thru pak chong which looks scenic and beautiful  too

but it was damn hot.

when u reach there there is a 400B ticket for tourists and 50B for the car and another 50B for the driver.

we reached there at 12 pm  it was a week day less crowd but on the journey to the 4 waterfalls that  khao yai has  we saw many many cyclists riding uphill .

man i can just imagine the stamina they got .

the park is beautiful , it has a  samll visitor info center  i there with stuffed animals for kids to see and knw.

on the raods we sawa a lot of monkeys and elephant dung(that means they have been there).

on the trails we saw many big incests too. so dont forget to coverup fully. and stay on the trail

the most exhausting part was the last waterfall   which was very high to climb and get down . too many steps  and steep. thanks to me for being into fitness i alone made all 4 water falls  up and down.(thats the blessing of fitness) :D.

infact this jan 2016r i visited  erawan water falls kanchanaburi and  it was fun and there was water in the falls .

rest i will let the pics talk.IMG_4002.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3936.jpg
  • IMG_3938.jpg
  • IMG_3948.jpg
  • IMG_3950.jpg
  • IMG_3951.jpg
  • IMG_3953.jpg

• StenliyPync likes this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 kratos

kratos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:21 AM

i dont knw why but after resizing the pics to 123 kb . it still says file too big to upload :(

• StenliyPync likes this

#3 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:17 PM

I was in Erawan in February 2016. It was so hot :wacko:.  After only walking half way up, I gave up. Didn't have the right shoes to go on such a long hike. There were so many people there.

I agree that it's better to hire a private taxi. You save quite a bit of money and it's really convenient.

• StenliyPync likes this

#4 kratos

kratos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

I was in Erawan in February 2016. It was so hot :wacko:.  After only walking half way up, I gave up. Didn't have the right shoes to go on such a long hike. There were so many people there.

I agree that it's better to hire a private taxi. You save quite a bit of money and it's really convenient.

mate if u havent clibed all the  7 levels and reached the top then u have missed the best  of this splendid water fall.

just a few make it till up  and then the water so clear  and worth standing under the waterfall and feeling great :)

• StenliyPync likes this

#5 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:54 PM

I'm going back January 2017, so I'll give it another try. Thanks :)

mate if u havent clibed all the  7 levels and reached the top then u have missed the best  of this splendid water fall.

just a few make it till up  and then the water so clear  and worth standing under the waterfall and feeling great :)

• StenliyPync likes this

#6 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:59 AM

If you reach the waterfall source, can you drink the water? I was in Kawasan Falls in Cebu City LONG time ago, and our guide told us the water was so fresh at the source, so we got on our knees and sipped the water off the top. hehe.

Sounds awesome, Khao Yai and Erawan all!

#7 kratos

kratos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

If you reach the waterfall source, can you drink the water? I was in Kawasan Falls in Cebu City LONG time ago, and our guide told us the water was so fresh at the source, so we got on our knees and sipped the water off the top. hehe.

Sounds awesome, Khao Yai and Erawan all!

yes the wtaer coming down from the top level  of erawan falls was drinkable . dint try it but did a rinse.

the pics i post will say about kaho yai

#8 oldmanbkk

oldmanbkk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Khao Yai such a beautiful place

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users