#3 kimmynyc

kimmynyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNYC Baby!

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

I loved how everyone seemed to support the royal family. In U.S. it's only politics and it's always a hard split, like this Trump and Clinton thing, it's terrible.

• StenliyPync likes this

#4 MonSyL

MonSyL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:33 PM

he passed away minutes ago

RIP 

• StenliyPync likes this

#5 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

It's not shocking, but also had no idea when I wokeup today that today would be the day. It's definitely an end of an era.

RIP and long live the King Bhumibol of Thailand  :(

• StenliyPync likes this

#6 robin_the_hood

robin_the_hood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

I saw people crying at Paragon today when we heard the news

#7 onerom

onerom

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

Google is Black in respects to Thailand losing their King. Good job Google!!!

post-1-0-42075800-1476454268.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Google_loves_the_king.jpg

#8 onerom

onerom

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Recommendations for tourists during the mourning period:

Thailand is now in an official period of mourning following the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

In this regard, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like all visitors to Thailand to continue with their travel plans as normal. Furthermore, kindly be advised of the following:
• Many Thai people will be wearing black or white clothing as a sign of mourning. This is not required of visitors but if possible, they should wear sombre and respectful clothing when in public.
• Visitors should refrain from conducting any inappropriate or disrespectful behaviour.
• Tourist attractions will be open as usual with the exception of Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) and the Grand Palace, as they will be the venue of the Royal Funeral Rites.
• The Government has asked for the cooperation from the entertainment venues; such as, bars and nightclubs to consider the opening of their business operations during this time. The decision will be made by the individual owners.
• Most of the traditional and cultural events will be taking place as usual, although the celebrations may be changed for appropriateness as a mark of respect, or the events may be dedicated to the memory of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
• All transport, banks, hospitals and other public services will be operating as usual.
• The related authorities have stepped up safety and security measures for all Thais and visitors to facilitate their travelling around the country.
• For any enquiries, please contact our TAT domestic offices or Tel.: 1672.

TAT would like to thank all visitors for their understanding and supporting Thailand during this period of time.

See more on the TAT website here.

• Boricua67 likes this

#9 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for this post. I'm planning on visiting Thailand in February and was a little worried about the proper way to behave. The last thing I want to do is offend any Thai people. Are there examples of the types of clothing is appropriate? I know you said white or black, but is there a specific type of clothing?

Thanks,

Juan

Recommendations for tourists during the mourning period:

See more on the TAT website here.

#10 onerom

onerom

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:15 AM

Hi Juan, from what i have seen lately it's not very strict. Especially for foreigners in Thai. Sure for the next few weeks wearing black would be the best, respectful option, but it's not a huge problem if not. By the time you get here in Feb I'm pretty sure things will have moved along already, back to normal :)

#11 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

yo yo Boricua i was out in Sukhumvit on Monday night, it was still quite fun, and things were a little difficult, half places closing early, some staying open, some being strict about drinking ONLY inside (not on the outside areas), etc. Clothing people were wearing anything and everything as usual. My good friend was in Sukhumvit 11 again tonight and he said biz as usual. Nana been closing at midnight I heard too

Really, losing their King is sad, very sad, he really seemed to be generous with his time, and a great person, but as for grieving and mourning, people wont be going to Sukhumvit or restaurants/bars for that, they are doing mourning but on their own time and at the temples, at home, praying, and all. RIP

#12 bangkokafterdark

bangkokafterdark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:29 AM

RIP :(

#13 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for the tips. I want to have fun, but in no way would I intentionally try to offend anyone. I'll bring some white and black clothes just in case :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bhumibol Adulyadej, ภูมิพลอดุลยเดช, Bhumibol, Adulyadej

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid