#1 bud97

bud97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationUS of A

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hello everyone, you can call me bud, i'm 19 year old from USA. I'm traveling to Bangkok for just a few days in July 2014. (will also be going Phuket and Phi Phi too). But i'll be in BKK for just 3 days, and would like to know what do you guys suggest is best to do there on limited time, only 3 days 2 nights? Please help.

This will be my first time going to Bangkok! and obviously to Thailand!

Thank you very much.

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

I have some suggestions for you.

- Wat Po: get your picture there with that famous HUGE reclining Buddha (it's kinda boring there, but definitely worth going there for a quick picture)

- ride on the Chao Phraya river (klong) tour. It's pretty fun, you can go feed some fishes, ride the boat, and even stop at Wat Arun aka "Temple of Dawn"

- Chatuchak weekend market. Dress ready for HOT HOT HOT weather, and maybe bring a backpack if you plan to buy things, there's tons of stuff

- Nightlife hitup Kao San Road, RCA, Ekkemai clubs (funky villa, muse, etc), I prefer the more locals places, but i'm suggesting these since most foreigners like these kinds at their first visits to BKK

- Dream World, a decent amusement park a little outside BKK

- Chinatown

A few other "neat" things you can do in BKK, things like go surfing at FlowhouseBangkok, go eat dinner at tallest building in Bangkok Baiyoke tower dinner buffet, checkout one of the many "cat cafes" cool coffee shops with beautiful little cats running around, enjoy a tuk tuk ride around town, etc etc.

Just trying to help you get searching around the net, once you search a few of these you'll find a ton more things you may find amusing :)

Good luck on your trip Bud :)

#3 bangkokafterdark

bangkokafterdark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

If you're into the nightlife I suggest you checkout:

Kao San Road, cheap beers, cheap hotels, but tons of farang backpackers

Nana Plaza, some hot girls, good for the naughty nights out

Silom Patpong, this is a mixture, some girly action but also some good bars and clubs, along with night market and good restaurants too

Soi Cowboy, some really hot girls but be careful some of the girly bars there are known to "pad the bill" with extra charges

Saphan Kwai, really cheap girly nightlife, some decent girls

RCA, pretty nice area with good clubs, some outside sitting along with some inside loud dance clubs, some super hot hi-so thai girls

Sukhumvit 11, lots of late night clubs, also famous Q Bar, Climaxxx (late club), and the old Bed Supper Club was there (it's closed now though)

Ekkemai/Thonglor, really nice bars like Muse and Funky Villa, i love this area for starting off the night

Good luck, enjoy BKK when ur here man :)

#4 bud97

bud97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationUS of A

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Thanks guys, i'm searching all these things, seems like 3 days won't be enough hehe

#5 robin_the_hood

robin_the_hood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

I fell in love in Soi Cowboy   :wub:  but I agree, it's totally, "no money no honey" there, lol

#6 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Thanks guys, i'm searching all these things, seems like 3 days won't be enough hehe

Your welcome :) btw, where are you planning to stay here in BKK?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bangkok, travel, tourism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid