Photo

Tourist-boosting 6 month visa with multiple entries coming soon

thai visa new visa tourist visa 6 month visa tourist tourist boosting immigration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 onerom

onerom

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:06 AM

Has anyone seen this? Supposedly there is a plan to have 6 month tourist visas with multiple entries, tourist-boosting visa, to help Thailand tourism grow. 

The Tourism and Sports Ministry and tourism operators have hailed the approval of multiple-entry visas effective for six months as a measure that will help to attractmore tourists to the country. 

The ministerial regulation under the Immigration Act of 1979, approved by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday, will allow tourists to get a visa enabling them to make multiple entries into Thailand during a six-month period

The multiple-entry visa will cost 5,000 baht, while a visa for a single entry will be 1,000 baht. 

More at the Bangkokpost article here.

• christyhf3, debbieab60, josy11 and 16 others like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 gotbangkok

gotbangkok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:11 AM

It says 5k baht for multiple-entry 6 month visa and 1k baht for single-entry tourist visa, these prices are GREAT! I really hope this is going to come through successfully.

It says also that they will "become available 60 days after the regulation is published in the Royal Gazette", I wonder what that means. Does anyone know "officially" when these visas will become available?

• debbieab60, clarapo16, MableBipt and 5 others like this

Visit my site GotBangkok.com  :)

#3 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

This would be soooooooo friggin awesome!

So PM Prayut may actually be good for something !!!! :)

• MableBipt, Josephemuh and Donaldvope like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thai visa, new visa, tourist visa, 6 month visa, tourist, tourist boosting, immigration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid