Photo

Best place/nightmarket to buy trendy clothes, shoes???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 whatsupbro123

whatsupbro123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:49 AM

Hey everyone I am just wondering which are the best markets to purchase quality clothes or shoes? I know JJ Market, but anywhere else? Cheers. 

• Walterbymn, Dwaynedrom, samanthanw2 and 5 others like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:49 AM

Oh man, dont buy shoes at those JJ Market type places. I bought some cheapy shoes once at that Patpong night market, was playing basketball with them on and at some point too much pressure on the foot/shoe and my foot ripped itself outta the shoes LOL, was pretty funny, but def couldve been hurt. 

Have you tried tarad rodfi market (there's 2, 1 in Srinakarin near Seacon Square, and the other is in Ratchada behind Esplanade, both are on weekends only, mostly, like Thursday til Sunday night)

Also both have nice nightlife bar areas which I like while the gf is shopping ;)

• Walterbymn, Dwaynedrom, Donaldvope and 2 others like this

#3 robin_the_hood

robin_the_hood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

I seen some at Huay Kwang night market too, they are rocking every night. Go find some pumped up kicks there ;)

• Dwaynedrom, Donaldvope and Whitakersova like this

#4 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

Speaking of clothes, as this is going to be my first time in Thailand, what should I bring? Traveling light, only carrying a backpack and a carry-on.

#5 onerom

onerom

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

Well, some places require that you wear long pants or shoes (no sandals), but those are mostly only high end restaurants, or clubs that try to weed out the backpacker crowds.

Otherwise, travel light, shorts, t-shirts, etc, Bangkok and most parts of Thailand are steaming HOT every single day (although lately it's been very chilly late at night, maybbe 75F after midnight)

• Boricua67 likes this

#6 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:18 AM

Well, some places require that you wear long pants or shoes (no sandals), but those are mostly only high end restaurants, or clubs that try to weed out the backpacker crowds.

Otherwise, travel light, shorts, t-shirts, etc, Bangkok and most parts of Thailand are steaming HOT every single day (although lately it's been very chilly late at night, maybbe 75F after midnight)

Thanks! :)

#7 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:49 AM

Speaking of clothes, as this is going to be my first time in Thailand, what should I bring? Traveling light, only carrying a backpack and a carry-on.

Daytime, make sure you have clothes optimized to keep you cool. Very thin shirts, some shorts, sandals or if walking around a lot maybe some gym/running shoes.

Nightlife/night time, yes it's been cool lately, so can even wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt, but this is mostly abnormal. Usually it's too hot 24/7 hehe.

....but it says you're from LongBeach Cali, maybe you're more adapted to the hotter weathers anyways :)

• Boricua67 likes this

#8 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:31 AM

Daytime, make sure you have clothes optimized to keep you cool. Very thin shirts, some shorts, sandals or if walking around a lot maybe some gym/running shoes.

Nightlife/night time, yes it's been cool lately, so can even wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt, but this is mostly abnormal. Usually it's too hot 24/7 hehe.

....but it says you're from LongBeach Cali, maybe you're more adapted to the hotter weathers anyways :)

Thanks, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to bring. I'm used to getting dressed up when I go out. I would never have thought about going to a club wearing shorts. Usually dress slacks and button down dress shirt.

#9 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:24 AM

That's how i used to be too, always wear jeans and button down collared shirt too, but nowdays i kind of abandoned the "looking nice" feel, instead i go for the "get as comfy as possible in this miserable heat" feel LOL

• Boricua67 likes this

#10 Boricua67

Boricua67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:54 PM

That's how i used to be too, always wear jeans and button down collared shirt too, but nowdays i kind of abandoned the "looking nice" feel, instead i go for the "get as comfy as possible in this miserable heat" feel LOL

Well, I guess I'll just bring a couple of dress shirts just case I need them. I don't do well in heat, Hahaha......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid