Photo

For anyone transiting through Shanghai, China

Shanghai Ji Hotel transit transiting transit to Shanghai good hotel in China Shanghai hotels transit hotel Chuansha hotel bangkok to shanghai

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

I'm on my way back to Bangkok from Chicago, have a 30 hour transit in Shanghai, China. Flying a pretty good, budget airline China Eastern Air (CEA). It's my first time ever doing this "transiting" thing but it went pretty smooth.

Flight

Just wanted to give a little info and recommendation, since CEA now has direct routes to/from Bangkok, also direct flights to/from some USA locations, including Chicago O'hare. CEA website, I booked my flight through Expedia though.

The flight was not bad, for good price. BIG TIP! If you travel with CEA be sure to register for their skymiles program, and register for internet if you'd like to use it in flight. I tried to use my cell phone and they told me twice i have to have it off the entire flight, NO PHONES at all. But you can have wifi for other devices, like tablet, not sure if laptops are ok. Most of the attendants were nice, 1 guy was a bit of a dick though, telling me to turn off my phone and no internet allowed at all (even though previous attendants already told me they allow internet for 50 people for free but need to register beforehand)

Hotel

This hotel i'm staying in is great! For the price, only $48 usd, located near the airport, cost from airport taxi to my hotel front door was 53 China Yuen ($8 usd). Name is Ji Hotel Shanghai, Chuansha Branch. (Address is: No.5007 Chuansha Road Chuansha New Town, Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone, Shanghai, China)

Make sure print your Agoda voucher so you can show the taxi the exact address in Chinese language, most taxi drivers from airport speak 0 English.

1. hotel near to shopping mall and McDonalds

2. many power outlets and they fit any countries plugin prongs

3. clean and modern

4. provides toothbrush, cotton buds, water boiler, couple bottle water and instant coffee/tea, but no fridge.

5. wifi is a bit wierdy

6. only 1 English tv channel, a news station

Just wanted to share my infos. Will post some hotel pics later.

If any questions about this transit situation here, just ask me here and i'll reply if i know the answer :)

810135_15092210360036252347.jpg 810135_15092210360036252345.jpg 810135_15092210360036252333.jpg  810135_15092210360036252341.jpg  810135_15092210360036252343.jpg

• StenliyPync and nohnigebinevo80 like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:02 AM

Flight

Just wanted to give a little info and recommendation, since CEA now has direct routes to/from Bangkok, also direct flights to/from some USA locations, including Chicago O'hare. CEA website, I booked my flight through Expedia though.

The flight was not bad, for good price. BIG TIP! If you travel with CEA be sure to register for their skymiles program, and register for internet if you'd like to use it in flight. I tried to use my cell phone and they told me twice i have to have it off the entire flight, NO PHONES at all. But you can have wifi for other devices, like tablet, not sure if laptops are ok. Most of the attendants were nice, 1 guy was a bit of a dick though, telling me to turn off my phone and no internet allowed at all (even though previous attendants already told me they allow internet for 50 people for free but need to register beforehand)

On the flight from Shanghai to Bangkok on August 3rd, at 12:25 (noon'ish) departure time, we weren't able to board the flight until 6pm. Then when on the airplane were told departure wouldn't be until 9pm!!!!! So 6 hours flight delay in airport gate, then extra 3 hours waiting on the airplane! WTF!!!!!!!  :angry:

Are they required to compensate customers when they have extreme layovers like this? It was a terrible TERRIBLE day!!!

I do see this on their site http://us.ceair.com/...esponsibilities

Responsibilities for flight delays

If the flight is delayed or canceled due to aircraft maintenance, flight allocation, business affairs, flight crew, etc., China Eastern may provide on-the-spot flight information and services of meals or accommodation arrangements for passengers. If the flight is delayed or canceled due to reasons of climate, emergent events, air traffic control, security inspection and non-carriers of passengers, etc., China Eastern can provide flight information for passengers and help passengers with meal and accommodation arrangements. And fees are undertaken by passengers themselves.

hmmmmmm

• StenliyPync likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid