Photo

Thailand Visa on Arrival can extend 30 days (instead of 7)

Thailand immigration visa extension

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 onerom

onerom

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

Here is the new Thai visa extension regulations beginning August 29th 2014.

Has anyone had any problems with getting this 30 days visa on arrival extension?

post-1-0-21534600-1410123151.jpg

More information at their website: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th

Attached Thumbnails

• visa_extension_august29_2014.jpg

• Welchflok and ronnykingkr like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

I was planning to go to Vietnam to get a tourist visa until I heard about this. I will be trying for this within a few days. I heard the only thing is, you must present your outbound flight for a month later or something like that. Does anyone know if that is true or not?

And I'm assuming this is 1900 baht at Chang Wattana Immigration.

• ronnykingkr likes this

#3 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

I just got back from there, make sure you have:

1. passport (of course)

2. TWO printouts, print out of both your passport front page (picture page and page next to it AND your departure card stamped paper page which should be next to your stamp in your passport) (you can get your printouts downstairs of the Chang Wattana Immigration building, the ladies there know exactly how to do it)

3. 1 4x6cm photo to paste to your application form

4. your application form, better just get one at the immigration office, I printed one out from their website and it turns out all funky, and they were all aware and even asked me "you get this from internet?" so they are aware, and they don't allow those to be used, get one from them at Chaeng Wattana.

5. 1900 baht fee

Once all that is ready, get a queue number, wait an hour or two, (or three, like me, if you have to wait for their lunch break from noon til 1pm hehe). They are pretty quick about it and very friendly about it too.

So, as confirmation, this new rule did work for me, I was a bit worried to be honest. :)

TIP: when you tell the taxi where you want to go, tell them "Chang Wattana soon ratchagarn" (I guess in thailand that means immigration) because I told my taxi i want to go to Chang Wattana immigration, and he passed the immigration office i asked "pai nai krap?" (where are you going?) and he said he's taking me to Central Shopping Mall, lol. Also, as backup, maybe even take the immigration phone number, 02-141-9889, if still having problems call them and let the taxi driver talk to them.

#4 GreatAuPair_James

GreatAuPair_James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

I used to pay the same amount, 1900 baht for only 7 days, so now it's for 30 days! ROCK ON!

#5 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:47 AM

Yep, it's pretty bad ass. The immigration officers there were VERY friendly too btw, I want to give credit to them for being nice and always very helpful.

#6 gotbangkok

gotbangkok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

I truly HATE going to this place. Sure nice IO's there and all, but it's so damn far out in Chaeng Wattana, waiting in the lines, everywhere is just so damn hot! LOL.

But I must say, they have come a long way, now they have Mister Donut, 7/11, Tops Market, plenty of little coffee and fruit shake shops, a little shopping market and is only 10 minutes taxi from Chaeng Wattana Central World.

Thai-Immigration-Day-017.jpg

Visit my site GotBangkok.com  :)

#7 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:47 AM

Took this pic, here's the entrance, so if anyone going to Immigration, show this picture to taxi and he should know exactly where you need to be going......

post-1-0-34048200-1410317560.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 1410239900970.jpg

#8 onerom

onerom

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:06 AM

I am happy to hear it worked out for you Zachary. There is hope!

#9 robin_the_hood

robin_the_hood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:13 AM

Everyone has their panties in a wad about all the new visa regulations, well, this one seems like one of the few that actually have gotten a bit better right? F*cking awesome!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thailand, immigration, visa, extension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid