• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 607 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

I was walking around my soi here in Bangkok, seen a familiar little black cat, he is so nice, I always give him food and play with him, but he is a street cat. While playing with him he got to playing a bit too rough and bit my hand, it was bleeding a little bit. As paranoid as I am, I decided to read up about rabies and wow that's some scary shit!

Went to Praram 9 hospital, they gave me 1 "Verorab"  shot, after 3 days another shot, 7 days, 14 days then 30 days, for a total of 5 shots!!!! Is this normal? There is no rabies vaccine these days that's only 1 shot? This sucks!!!

Also, I paid 1500 for that 1 injection, does anyone know any little clinics in Bangkok that can give injections for rabies? 1500 seems pretty expensive, especially if I have to pay it 5 times!!!! eek!!!

I still love that cat btw, just being careful, and he didn't do it on purpose, he loves me for sure hehe.

• EkbergFex, Rudyalierty and HowardNus like this

Book discount hotels in Bangkok at AGODA

#2 bud97

bud97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationUS of A

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

So everything ok now man? I've read about rabies and that's some scary shit! 

• Rudyalierty likes this

#3 zachary

zachary

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Was in Vietnam, i missed my 3rd shot, so ended up getting paranoid while in Ho Chi Minh Vietnam, so went to the hospital there and had a Verorab rabies shot there.

Now back in BKK, next shot due up in a week, going to see if this Mahidol University can do it, on their website it says it's only $13 or 373 baht for shot there, much cheaper than Praram 9. 

• Rudyalierty likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: animals, thailand, bangkok, cats, rabies, disease

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

thai cupid